Monday, September 29, 2008

This is a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE feedback from one of our Sponsors...

I have offered XXXXX a part sponsorship but have not had a reply. I offered him cheap boards to begin with.....havent heard back after about a week so thought I would let you guys know of the situation . If I have not heard from him in the next few days I will be going ahead with sponsoring another young surfer that is intersted, and wont be able to do both...

I am looking for a surfer I can help with building their career with the view to make them my number 1 rider with free boards, trips and dollars! I guess your guy isn't keen..I have offered several surfers deals thru your site but they all seem to want everything for free straight away, they don't understand that we need to form a business relationship.

It would have been nice if he could have replied to me and let me know, thats why businesses get so disheartened with trying to sponsor kids...its all about what they can get and cant they even communicate...

I'm over it...

-----------------

Interesting reading hey.... What do you think the lesson is here?? Remember, you need to build a business relationship with a sponsor, prove you are an asset to their team and the frebees will follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
I recently discovered surfing and is real into it but unfortunally i cant afford a board of my own, im looking for someone to sponsor me with a minimal
i read that you can offer discounted prices, what must i do to qualify?
you can drop me a mail @ terblanche32@gmail.com
thanks
Monique Terblanche

netty said...

im a kid and im looking to start a career, but my parents think i need more practice i LOVE surfing and i'd give up everything just to do it and get sponsered. i longboard.